July In Charente Maritime – Something for everyone – Wheelchair accessible holidays in South West France at Le Manoir.
Le Manoir We is blessed with an unusually diverse countryside for you to enjoy. Four golden sandy beaches in the Royan area, the huge Gironde estuary with its lovely fishing harbours and troglodyte cliffs, the rolling hills along the edge of the estuary and further inland, forested areas are interspersed with vineyards, sunflowers and maize.
The area is steeped in history like the amphitheatre in the roman capital Saintes, the fortified church and medieval village called Talmont sur Gironde protecting the entrance to the estuary, the stunning Chateau at Roche Courbonne where you can walk through much of the interior and enjoy the i6th Century décor and furniture and admire the magnificent and huge gardens and water features and the German WWII atlantic defences – left just as they were.
Restaurants abound and you can enjoy the weekly night markets in Jonzac which are all about eating in the beautiful market square by the lovely church. Selecting your different courses and wines from all of the different stalls vying for your custom. Not only all the holidaymakers turn out but most of the local inhabitants.
The kids will be entertained by the wide range of activities on-site like the pool, the trampoline, the rope swing the table tennis, the pool, the table football, the badminton, the volley ball, the swing and the football goal.
There are a huge range of attractions and activities within easy reach like:
- 10 pin bowling at Saintes and Meschers, both 30 mins
- Quad bikes - an excellent forest track with exciting dips and climbs and bridges. 35 mins Royan
- Go - Zip Wires - 5 courses some very high and challenging. 30mins Royan.
- Go Karting - a huge track almost Formula 1 - only 7 mins by car - Children from 8 years AND they have a kart for disabled drivers with hand controls!!!
- Paint Ball /Airsoft - several in the area but nearest one is 5 mins.
- Good evening fixed funfair called Luna Park near Royan.
- Good Canoeing on the Charente at Jarnac including some white water if you like that sort of thing!
- Several very good golf courses including Royan, Cognac, Saintes and several around Bordeax. The owner is always keen for a round and can loan clubs, trolley etc.
- Tennis, riding, sailing, walking and fishing (freshwater, estuary & atlantic) all available nearby.
- Excellent indoor/outdoor swimming complex in nearby Jonzac with wave machine, flume, rapids, hot tub, ice plunge, steam room, saua etc.
- The local lanes are very safe for family cycling and walking.
- Excellent Water Ride Theme Park at Arcachon
- Spoilt for choice on learning about wine and tasting the available vintages. St Emillion is a favourite.
- Every conceivable beach and sea activity around Royan. Jet ski, hire a 6 seater motor cruiser with cabin,windsurf, dingy sailing, sand yachting, great rock pooling and of course sea fishing.
I will be on hand to help you get the most out of your holiday and explain all about the local area. And, to top it all, we have a special offer on at the moment – please see the Last Minute Offers section or contact me on : firstname.lastname@example.org
Article posted by
Sleeps: 6 (Self-Catering)Prices From: £420.00 to £1370.00
- Level Access Shower
- Shower Seatr
- Pool Hoist
- Disabled Parking
- Transfer Available
- WiFi Available
A stunning Cottage recently renovated from a traditional stone barn. With 3 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms finished to the highest standards and incorporating a purpose designed disabled access suite on the ground floor. Set in 4 acres of grounds around a lovely Manor House and bordered by orchards, woodland, vineyards and sunflowers. With easy access to local medieval towns (15 mins), the fishing harbours on the Gironde estuary (15mins) and the golden, family friendly beaches at Royan (30mins).